Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18 -- Homeward Bound

By the time anyone in CA reads this, we'll be home.  It's been an incredible experience for me not only because of seeing such an amazing country but also because I was able to do it with Jay.  He's a great traveling partner and I know he's enjoyed the experience as well.  But now it's time to go home.  And, we're ready.  Living out of a suitcase is no fun for an extended period of time.  And most importantly we're anxious to see our friends and loved ones.  You'll have to pardon us if we're still grinning when we get off the plane and perhaps for days and weeks ahead.  It's been an experience of a lifetime and it's been fun sharing it with all of you.  But don't let this blog be simply a vicarious experience for you.  Find a way to get to Australia to see the sights and meet the people.  You'll not regret it.

G'day.




1 comment:

John said...

Hi Ben,
Really glad you found the blog and that you enjoyed reading it. We did have a fabulous trip and the impromptu cricket lesson with you guys was one of the highlights.

Your description of the various AFL, ARL, footie, rugby etc has my head spinning. I did post a link to the ARF site just so people here in the states who happened to read the blog would have some sense of what I was talking about. Jay and I enjoyed watching part of the Brisbane-Carlmont(?) "superbowl" at the Sydney airport. And, I've been trying to follow the cricket world championships in Jamaica. You Australians sure have a sporting life...

Cheers to all of you and stay in touch. my email is wertzler@mindspring.com