Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 12 -- Back to Adelaide

Given the drive time between WP and Adelaide, I'm not sure I'd return to the Flinders. I don't regret going, but we should have stayed longer and taken advantage of the 4WD or small plane tours to make the return on our drive time investment more justified. Today we basically retraced our route to Adelaide and cut the drive time down to about 4 hours because we could pick up the pace once we were out of roo country. We did see a group of emus walking on the roadside. After that, it was free sailing all the way to Adelaide. So as I write this, we're snug in our downtown hotel and just getting ready to head out to dinner. Then, tomorrow, we'll have the morning to kill and be off to the airport for the last leg of our Australian adventure in Cairns.

As usual, don't know when the next post will come given internet uncertainty wherever we go. For those of you who have followed our adventure we are happy that you're enjoying the blog. We appreciate all the comments and had we more time, we'd comment on your comments. I figure we can answer all your questions when we get together to show you the 1000+ pictures Jay and I have taken.

No comments: